So you’ve made the wise decision to get your company online. Now what? Actually the process is rather simple. The first thing you will need to do is decide on a domain name. Your domain name is your "dot.com". For example, the domain name for this website is "ClearAdvantageMedia.com".
First step is to decide on a domain name. For a monthly fee of $34.95 ,we will take care of Hosting and Maintenance. Hosting is the business of housing and maintaining files for web sites. Once your web site files are complete, they will be uploaded to a hosting company server . The server stores the files and makes them accessible to anyone on the web once they type your domain name into the browser bar.
There is only one thing that we need from you to begin working on your website– content. We need the physical addresses of your company, the phone number, email address . Additionally, we will need the actual information you wish to present to your audience. Content is needed for the following pages.
- Home Page – An introduction to your business. Includes a website menu and basic contact information.
- About Page – Introduce your self. Talk about how long you’ve been in business. Your training , certification, etc.
- Content Page #1 – What exactly does your company do? What areas do you serve. Your hours of operations. Location.
- Content Page #2 – This page is suitable for Frequently asked Questions, Helpful Tips or Hints, it up to you!
- Contact Us Form – A simple form that does two things! One it captures email address so you can contact your visitors later, and secondly it prevents your email address from being displayed to you wont receive spam.
If you prefer different pages just let us know. Really, the content can be anything you like. The above suggestions is a standard format which is certainly customizable.